Vaginal Prolapse, pelvic floor disfunction

Strong1

Vaginal Prolapse, pelvic floor disfunction

Post by Strong1 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:57 pm

I have two children one was a csection delivery and the other was a vaginal birth. I ran and exercised early on after having my second child. I hurt myself while doing a weighted squat repeatedly during a exercise class. The day I hurt myself the only way I knew something wasn't right was during the class I had this feeling like I had a wedgie in the front. Then later in the day I had this heavy feeling down there. So I went to the doctor where I found out what I had was a prolapse. My child was almost two years old and I had to stop breastfeeding because it hurt me to do so. I was no longer allowed to run do heavy exercise or pick up my child. This was devastating for me as a mother. I spent that year doing everything I could to strengthen my muscles and rehab my pelvic floor. I was terrified to do anything to strenuous and even bending over to do things like yoga was uncomfortable for me. I felt lost and alone like no one understood what I was going through and it's not a subject you can talk about with just anyone. I purchased a pelvic floor rehab dvd set with a band and did it a few days per week.
This was 5 years ago and looking back I know that I was misinformed a bit about my limitations, and that time and physical therapy is in my opinion the best remedy for vaginal prolapse. I feel like prevention is key but mistakes happen so here's how I deal with it now. So it's pretty much like the equivalent to hemorrhoids in that once you've healed from it or became more aware of how to prevent it from becoming worse you are able to live a more productive "normal" life. I do not run for exercise anymore like I did before. I do exercise and am able to live a much more productive life. When this first happened to me I couldn't push a empty shopping cart through the store. You can only imagine what that did to a new mother of two. Now I go about my day to day not feeling out of the normal. With the exception of the days when I over do it helping with a heavy/physically demanding project at work or home. Also my monthly menstrual cycle tend to change the feeling down there. I've even gone back to doing and teaching fitness classes and I can pick up objects above the 30 lb limit I was given

Thomas
Site Admin

Re: Vaginal Prolapse, pelvic floor disfunction

Post by Thomas » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:19 pm

You are a strong 1. This seems to be a more prevalent issue or at least it seems like more women are talking about it and there seems to be a lot of things now for strengthening your pelvic floor. I seen a kegal device on Amazon last year for strengthening your pelvic floor that was linked to an app on your phone and could track your progress and even had workout games and was also supposed to help women with urinary incontinence. Are kegals part of your regular regiment?
Urotalk.com admin

Thomas
Site Admin

Post by Thomas » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:17 pm

20190224_091419.jpg
20190224_091419.jpg (219.32 KiB) Viewed 226 times
Urotalk.com admin

kanikadugal011

Post by kanikadugal011 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:24 am

This seems to be a more prevalent issue or at least it seems like more women are talking about it and there seems to be a lot of things now for strengthening your pelvic floor. You need to visit a gynecologist for the best treatment that can help you be free from any infertility issue.

AshishKoura

Post by AshishKoura » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:49 am

For strengthening your pelvic floor the best treatment is to visit a gynecologist.