ABC Medical... Shaddy practices?

Thomas
Site Admin
ABC Medical... Shaddy practices?

Post by Thomas » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:54 pm

January 2nd 2019.... My insurance deductible is no longer met, ABC Medical ships me a 3 month supply of catheters(at almost $600) without asking or my authorization, of course my insurance didn't pay for it so I emailed them asking for a return label and never got a response so I found 2 more email addresses for them and emailed them again asking for a return label to return the package to them. I just got a call from them and was told it's been more than 30 days and their return policy states that they will not accept returns after 30 days. I asked about why I never got a response from the first email I sent them and was put on hold and they came back and said they would escalate it to their administration and I should hear back from them. Meanwhile I have a bill for almost $600 that I'm not paying and will fight to the bitter end over this because it's just WRONG.

1st they ship you something you didn't order
2nd I get a bill for it
3rd they won't take it back

WTH???
Urotalk.com admin

Thomas
Site Admin

UPDATE...Re: ABC Medical... Shaddy practices?

Post by Thomas » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:07 am

I called Care Centrix which is who billed me for the catheters and is a division of my health insurance company(BC) that handles this stuff and explained the situation to them how I didn't ask for them. Apparently they pay for them and then bill the customer(me) if their deductible hasn't been met. The customer service gal there was great and did a 3 way call to ABC Medical and they were singing a different attitude getting a call from Care Centrix instead of just me. They agreed to have the shipment picked up and I think it's all settled at this point??? When I asked the gal from Care Centrix if this was a common thing to just get shipped supplies like this without asking and then get billed for it she said "Oh yeah... All too often".
Urotalk.com admin